Our Youth Benevolent Fund (YBF) of the Active 20-30 Club of Santa Rosa #50 was created with the purpose of benefiting youth in the greater Santa Rosa area with an emphasis upon needy or disadvantaged youth.
With the money we raise, we are careful to adhere to the following principles when we donate to our community partners:
- The donation always benefits youth.
- It is preferable, though not mandatory, that the benefit be to needy or disadvantaged youth.
- The beneficiaries are residents of the greater Santa Rosa area which includes most of Sonoma County.
- There should be a preference for donations to applicants having relatively less access to funding from other sources.
- We prefer to accompany any monetary donation with a donation of time and effort by membership of the Club.
- Donations are preferred which will benefit large numbers of beneficiaries.
- We explicitly avoid donations which will be absorbed in significant part by the administrative overhead of an applicant.